Thursday, September 27, 2012

L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Sticks in Cotton Pink, Rose Taffeta and Sheer Linen

I went a little crazy buying L'Oreal lipsticks last week.  CVS and Walgreens had sales, and I had coupons!  I was very tempted to try the L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Sticks.  I decided to pick up the colors Cotton Pink, Rose Taffeta, and Sheer Linen.


The packaging is really pretty.  I like that they show to color, so you can easily tell which color you are reaching for.
L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Sticks in Cotton Pink, Sheer Linen & Rose Taffeta
The packaging is actually very similar to the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm that I reviewed a few months ago.  I have been loving the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm, so I couldn't wait to try these Caresse Sticks! 
I have to admit, when I first put these on, I hated them.  They have a light, greasy feeling, and I felt like I had just smeared a stick of butter on my lips.  I don't know if these are supposed to be similar to Revlon Lip Butters, but the Revlon Lip Butters feel a little thicker than these.  I can't think of a better way to describe it other than it feels like greasy butter on my lips.

That being said, I have gotten used to the texture, and I don't mind it as much anymore.  I think I was expecting a heavier, lipstick feel, and these don't have that at all.  I was also hoping these would be more like the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm.  The Colour Riche Balm is something I can throw on without having to look in the mirror.  It gives a nice, glossy look with a very sheer color tint.  The Colour Riche Caresse Sticks are very pigmented, so I feel like I need to check them in a mirror.  The good news is that the lipstick tube is like a mirror, so I can use it to do a quick check.

I also find that the color really catches on chapped lips.  I need to make sure my lips have been exfoliated, or the color really gets clumps at any spot that dry or peeling, even a little bit.     
Now that I've gotten past my initial reservations, these really are pigmented.  I guess I was expecting them to be a bit more sheer, but they have a really great color payoff.  They have a nice sheen to them, so it looks like you are wearing a balm.    
Overall, I like these, but I won't be running out to rebuy them or try other colors.  They might be a nice summer product, because they have a sheen without having to layer multiple products.  I think they are pricey at $9.99 each, so I'm glad I got them on sale with coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment