Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Collection & Swatches

When the Revlon Lip Butters first came out, everyone loved them.  I ran out and purchased two shades that were recommended on YouTube.  The colors I picked up were Berry Smoothie and Creme Brulee.  I was still experimenting with make-up at this time.  Berry Smoothie was way too bright pink for me, and I wasn't used to the nude lip that Creme Brulee created.  Several months later, I decided to pick up a few more, and now I'm in love just like everyone else. 

I have the shades Sugar Frosting, Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, Creme Brulee, Pink Truffle, and Fig Jam. 
I love that the packaging matches the lip butter shade.  It makes it really easy to find which color I am looking to wear.  I also like the most of the Revlon lipsticks have the clear window at the top, so you can see the product without opening the package. 

Sugar Frosting - This has probably been one of my most-worn lip products this summer.  It gives my lips a nice, pinky gloss look, without the sticky gloss.  I think it does have some flecks of shimmer, but it's not too obvious.

Peach Parfait - The flecks of shimmer are much more obvious in this shade.  In fact, I haven't been wearing this one as much because of the shimmer.  This was one of my favorites when I first got it, but I've been avoiding glitter on my lips recently.  I still keep it in my purse and wear it because it's darker than Sugar Frosting, but I don't like that I can feel the glitter when I put it on.

Berry Smoothie - This is a highly pigmented lip butter, but it's too pink for me.  It feels great, like the other lip butters, but I can't pull off this bright of a berry pink.

Creme Brulee - I have finally started to enjoy a nude lip, and Creme Brulee is great for that.  If I apply it lightly, it's perfect.  If I put too much on, I don't like it.  Maybe that was the reason I didn't like it when I first got it... user error.

Pink Truffle - This is a beautiful darker pink color, but I haven't worn it much yet.  I have been saving it for the fall and winter.

Fig Jam - The lipstick looks scary in the tube, but it's not as scary once you put it on.  You can build it up to a darker shade.  I haven't really worn this shade during the summer, but I hope I will wear it more during the fall and winter.
 With flash: Sugar Frosting, Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, Creme Brulee, Pink Truffle, Fig Jam


Without flash: Sugar Frosting, Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, Creme Brulee, Pink Truffle, Fig Jam
Overall, the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters are definitely worth checking out.  They feel moisturizing, and they still have a nice, glossy look.  I can't wait to try a few of the reds this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment