Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sleek Blush Haul & Swatches

I have wanted to try Sleek blush for a long while. A highly pigmented blush in a "sleek" compact at drugstore prices? Yes, please! So why didn't I buy Sleek blush sooner? Until recently, shipping to the U.S. was a deal breaker for me.

Sleek recently redesigned their website and offered all of their products for 20% off. It took all of my self-control to limit myself to 3 blushes. There were so many other products I wanted to try!
Each blush is regularly $5.99. I paid $17.14 for 3 individual blushes, including $2.77 for shipping. If I remember correctly, it was going to be about $10 to ship one or two blushes the last time I looked. I think it used to be flat rate shipping, and now it seems to be based on weight or quantity. I am so glad they decided to make shipping more affordable!
 
First off, let's talk about how much I love the packaging. I just love the solid black, sophisticated look! The compacts are smaller than I imagined, but they will easy to store and stack. They also have a nice mirror. They don't look like a $6 blush. They definitely look high end. Here is the list of ingredients on the back of the blush.

All three blushes that I purchased have shimmer. For some reason, I didn't pick any matte blushes when I placed my order. I have read that Rose Gold is yet another dupe for NARS Orgasm, but my initial reaction is that it's not.
Sleek blush in Rose Gold
Sunrise is a beautiful, bronzy color.
Sleek blush in Sunrise
Pomegranate surprised me. I don't think I have any blush this bold. I knew it was going to be bold, but wow.
Sleek blush in Pomegranate
They have a strong, perfumed make-up scent. I would imagine it will fade, but I'm hoping it doesn't irritate my skin.

Here are light swatches...
Sleek blush in Rose Gold, Sunrise,  and Pomegranate
... and heavier swatches. You can see how beautiful and pigmented these blushes are!

I will have to do a full review once I have had a chance to really use the blush. If I like them, I will have to try the Blush by 3 next. I have been addicted to blush recently, so I already want more, especially now that I have seen how beautiful the compacts are!

No comments:

Post a Comment