Friday, August 10, 2012

L'Oreal True Match Blush in Innocent Flush & Precious Peach

If you read my post about the L'Oreal True Match Powder and Blush on clearance at Target, you will know that I wasn't very impressed with the color pay-off.  I picked up anther L'Oreal True Match Powder and Blush set in a darker color (for when I actually get a little tan).

A few things that I didn't mention in my last post...
  • The blush in the Powder and Blush set is not full size.  The full size is .21oz/6g.  This blush is only .11oz/3.4g.  
  • The cost of the full size blush ranges between $8.99-$10.99, depending on where you buy it.
The blush included with the L'Oreal True Match powder in Natural Buff N3 is the L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Blush in Innocent Flush N3-4.  I can't help but think the name is a NARS Orgasm reference... what do you think?
As I mentioned in my original post, the bottom opens to reveal a brush.  This sample size blush does not have a mirror, but since the full size blush is about the same size as the powder, it might have a mirror.
I wanted to compare this blush to the shade that I originally bought.

Precious Peach coordinates with True Match shades Soft Ivory N1 (the powder from my original post) and Classic Ivory N2.

Innocent Flush coordinates with True Match shades Natural Buff N3 (the new powder I purchased) and Buff Beige N4.
Precious Peach, Innocent Flush
I had to swatch Precious Peach over and over again to build up the color so it would be visible.  Innocent Flush is slightly more pigmented, but I still found I had to build it up on my cheeks to make it noticeable.  I like for the color to be a bit more noticeable, and these blushes provide a very natural, very light flush.

Once I built up Innocent Flush, I really liked the color on my cheeks!

Here are the swatches next to each other.  Precious Peach is on the bottom, and Innocent Flush is on the top.
As you can see, Innocent Flush is similar, but definitely more pink, while Precious Peach is more... peachy.
As far as staying power goes, it's not the best by itself.  I like to apply cream blush and then a powder blush on top of it.  I find it's about the only way that a powder blush stays put for a full 8 hour work day.

If you can still find the powder and blush that are packaged together, it's definitely worth picking up the set! 

No comments:

Post a Comment