Thursday, September 6, 2012

Avon Be Blushed Cheek Color in Blushing Nude

I seem to find make-up to buy no matter what. During my lunch break last week, I walked past a store that was having a sidewalk sale. They had some great discounts on Avon products. I have never used anything from Avon, and I really haven't heard anything about Avon products. I typically try to do at least some research before buying new make-up, but for $2.99, I decided to try the Avon stick blush is Blushing Nude.
This blush is currently $8 on Avon's website, and it is part of a Buy One, Get One 50% Off promotion. 
To give you an idea of the size, here it is next to a Revlon lipstick.
I love the idea of a stick blush.  They are such a convenient, easy to use blush.  Just dab it on your cheeks and blend!
Here is what Blushing Nude looks like on my hand...
And slightly (not fully) blended out on the left side...
I tend to use a cream blush as a base to keep my powder blush in place all day.  That's how I will use Avon's Be Blushed.  It has a slightly greasy finish, so I need to add a powder on top because I'm afraid it might melt right off with the current humidity. 

Bottom line:  This was an impulse buy.  The color is nice, the price was great, but the texture makes me nervous with my combination/oily skin.  These stick blushes might work better for someone with dry skin.  I plan to try this again in the winter, when I'm not dealing with this terrible summer humidity!

No comments:

Post a Comment