Thursday, September 6, 2012

e.l.f. Studio Bronzer in Golden Bronze


I picked up the e.l.f. Studio Bronzer in Golden Bronze because I heard it is a dupe for Dior Amber Diamond Shimmer Star highlighter.  Dior Amber Diamond is $44 at Sephora! I opted for the e.l.f. dupe, because it was only $3 at Target.
According to the e.l.f. website, this bronzer is "an illuminating shimmer that is subtle and radiant. Ideal for summer or year-round."

I really like e.l.f. products. I think the studio line is great, especially considering it's only $3. I love the packaging.  I think it's compact, sleek and really nice.  I also like that it has a nice sized mirror.  I also like that it doesn't come with a brush.  I hate when products include a cheap, worthless brush that wastes space. 
 
  Here is a close up of the individual colors.  They can be worn individually or swirled together.
The first swatch has all four colors blended together.  Then clockwise from the bronzy color in the top left, I have swatched the four colors individually.

On my skin, I would say it's more of a bronzer than a highlighter.  It has a gorgeous glow, but I would need a lot of self tanner to be able to pull this off as a true highlight.  I could probably use one of the lighter shades to highlight.  I will probably use this as a blush.  .
Here it is swatched next to two other highlighters that I had previously compared here.  You can see it's much darker and more bronze.
e.l.f. Golden Bronze, Hard Candy Tiki, The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer

No comments:

Post a Comment