Tuesday, August 7, 2012

L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude

It looks like I will buy any lipstick that has "Nude" in the name... although this isn't truly a lipstick. 

This is the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm.  I purchased it in Nourishing Nude.  It's the L'Oreal equivalent of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (full post on those will follow soon). 

L'Oreal lipsticks have a strong smell.  However, the L'Oreal Balm has a sweet smell - more like candy.  I think it smells much better than a L'Oreal lipstick.  The scent is much stronger than the Revlon Lip Butters.
 
On the lips, Nourishing Nude is very sheer and has a slightly glossy finish - think lip balm with a very light tint.  I like to apply it after my lipstick has started to wear off.  It feels moisturizing, and it gives just enough color to extend the wear of my lipstick for a little longer. 

I have read a few reviews that say these have a greasy, sunscreen texture, and I suppose they do.  Revlon Lip Butters definitely have a heavier, thicker feel than these.  The L'Oreal Balm has SPF 15, and I don't believe the Revlon Lip Butters have SPF.
Overall, I like the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude, although I'm not sure I will be rushing out to purchase more colors until I use up a few of my Revlon Lip Butters.

They are available at Target for $5.99 and Ulta for $7.99 (although they are frequently Buy One, Get One 50% Off at Ulta).

No comments:

Post a Comment