Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sephora Favorites "In The Glow" Blush, Bronzer & Illuminizer Sampler

Today, I am very excited to show you a new Sephora Favorite set that I purchased yesterday.  This is the Sephora Favorite "In The Glow" Blush, Bronzer & Luminizer Sampler.  It is available in some stores, and it looks like it will be in stock online in the next few weeks.  It retails for $45 for 9 deluxe samples.
In case I haven't mentioned it before, I love blush.  It's my weakness, so I had to buy this set.  It's a great way to try out high-end products without paying the price for a full-size product.  Plus, the small packaging really is adorable.
This sampler includes 3 blushes, 3 bronzers and 3 highlighters. 
Let's take a look at the blush.

Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in Flush - 0.17 oz - It looks really dark and scary, but the swatch shows that it is definitely wearable.  I think it looks almost like a gel, and it smells like gummy bears.  I can't wait to try this.
Stila Convertible Color in Peony - 0.07 oz - I love cream blush.  The color is beautiful, and it's very smooth.  I can't wait to compare this to my NYX cream blushes.
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Spendor - 0.11oz - I love Tarte blush, and I love these smaller sized Tarte blushes.  If you haven't seen it yet, you should check out my post on the Tarte Fantastic Foursome 4 Piece Set that is also available at Sephora right now.  This blush does have glitter, but the color is really pretty.
 Here are swatches of the three blushes.
Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in Flush, Stila Convertible Color in Peony, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Spendor
Here are the three bronzers.

NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna - 0.08 oz - This is probably one of the most well-known bronzers.  I have never owned it before, and I think it may be too dark for me during the winter.  It does have shimmer in it, and it has a mirror.
Too Faced Chocolate Matte Bronzing Powder - 0.08 oz - This has been on my wish list for a long time.  If I had stopped to smell this bronzer in the store, I would have bought it a long time ago.  It smells like hot chocolate and it's AMAZING.  Maybe a bit dark for my pale skin, but I love the smell.   
Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic - 0.14 oz - This is really nice packaging for a sample size.  This is a bronzer, but it would also make a pretty highlight on someone with darker skin.  I was also told that this works great as eyeshadow. 
 And the swatches...
NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder, Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic
Last but not least, here are the highlighters.

Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Lumanizing Powder in Spotlight - 0.106 oz - This is soft and GORGEOUS.  I can't wait to compare this to my Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter from theBalm. 
bareMinerals All Over Face Color in Pure Radiance - 0.02oz - I had this before when I wore bareMinerals foundation.  This has a lot of fine glitter in it.  I prefer pressed powders, but this is a nice summer highlighter. 
Benefit High Beam - 0.13 oz - I am surprised I haven't owned this, because it seems like this comes in every kit that Benefit or Sephora sells.  This is supposed to be comparable to the Boots No. 7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion
Here are the swatches.
Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in Spotlight, bareMinerals All Over Face Color in Pure Radiance, Benefit High Beam
 Overall, I'm very happy with the set, and I can't wait to try all of the products!

4 comments: