Sunday, October 28, 2012

Maybelline Color Sensation Lipstick Collection - Browns

Yesterday, I talked about my new Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Strike A Rose.  Today, I wanted to compare it to the two other brown cap Maybelline lipsticks that I own.
The three colors that I have purchased are 205 Nearly There, 215 Totally Toffee, and Limited Edition 820 Strike A Rose.
My only complaint about Nearly There is that it has a gritty texture on my lips from the glitter or shimmer in the lipstick.  Totally Toffee has a very smooth texture.  Strike A Rose is probably in between Nearly There and Totally Toffee, as far as texture goes.
Maybelline Nearly There, Totally Toffee, Strike A Rose
Nearly there is a more sheer, pinky nude.  Totally Toffee has more brown.  Toffee is an appropriate description.  Strike A Rose is more of a berry color.
Maybelline Nearly There, Totally Toffee, Strike A Rose
I realized that I have two colors in my collection from other brands that are similar to Nearly There and Strike A Rose. 

L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Gilded Pink is very similar to Maybelline's Nearly There.  L'Oreal's lipstick also has the same gritty texture. 

I think Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Blushed is similar to Maybelline's Strike A Rose, but it's not quite as berry in color.  Blushed is almost a combination of Totally Toffee and Strike A Rose.
L'Oreal Gilded Pink, Maybelline Nearly There, Maybelline Totally Toffee, Maybelline Strike A Rose, Revlon Blushed

No comments:

Post a Comment