Friday, August 3, 2012

Target Beauty Clearance - L'Oreal Wear Infinite Eye Shadow Duo in Classic Khakis

Do I even need to mention how much I love Target's summer clearance?  I have found some great deals on toys and make-up this year, and I think it's a lot of fun to shop the clearance sections of the store.

Here is one item that I just picked up - the L'Oreal Wear Infinite Eye Shadow Duo in Classic Khakis.  

The best part is that it was only $1.38!  The regular price was $4.64, so it was 70% off ($3.24 was the price when it was 30% off).
I picked up this duo because the packaging is small enough to throw in your purse without taking up much space. 
The back of the packaging shows how this duo can be used to create an easy, basic eye look.  It recommends that you use color on the left all over the eye and the darker color on the right in your crease.  

Although it says it's for brown eyes, I think the colors would work for anyone.
As the name suggests, the two colors look like a light and darker pair of khakis.
Here are the swatches.  Although you can barely see it in the first picture, the lighter color is on the left, and the darker color is on the right.
In the next two pictures, I included a swatch of Wet N Wild's Brulee eyeshadow on the far left, next to the lighter shade in the duo.  Brulee is one of my favorite matte highlight eye shadows of all time.

Brulee is more powdery, and it is easier to apply.  I had to really build up the color of the L'Oreal eye shadows to get good swatches.  I love the colors, but I don't think the color payoff is that great.  My L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadows are much more pigmented than these.
Wet N Wild's Brulee Eye Shadow, L'Oreal Wear Infinite Eye Shadow Duo in Classic Khakis
For $1.38, it wasn't a bad price, but I definitely wouldn't pay full price for this duo.  It takes too much work to build up the color/coverage.  I'm looking for something fast and easy, so I don't think I will be grabbing this duo too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment