Tuesday, August 7, 2012

e.l.f. Essential Hypershine Gloss in Honey

When I was browsing the make-up section at K-Mart, I came across this e.l.f. Essential Hypershine Gloss.   K-Mart sells some make-up brands that I never see at Target, like Jordana and Milani.

This e.l.f. gloss is only $1.  It doesn't seem to have much product, but I threw out the packaging so I can't tell you how much product is actually in each tube.

The packaging is very cute and practical.  
e.l.f. Hypershine Gloss in Honey
It has a brush applicator, and you twist the bottom to push product through the brush.
 
The e.l.f website says that these glosses have a cotton candy scent.  They definitely have a delicious candy smell.  They actually taste good, especially compared to other lipglosses I have tried (although I don't recommend eating it!).
I picked this up in the color Honey, because it looked like a natural, nude color.  
The color is nice, and I like the feel of the gloss.  It feels thick, and it's not overly sticky.

However, if you look very closely, you will notice that this color has a lot of glitter.  I didn't notice it until the color wore off and I was left with glitter all over my lips!  Maybe if it is worn over a lipstick, the glitter wouldn't be as noticeable when the gloss color fades?  I was wearing the gloss alone, and honestly, I haven't worn it again after the glitter incident!  

It looks like I chose the only color in the collection with glitter, so I think I would be much happier with a different color.  I might pick up Bare the next time I'm at Target to see if I like it better.  After all, it's only $1!

No comments:

Post a Comment