Monday, July 9, 2012

The Balm Cosmetics - Eyes/Lips/Nails Swatches and Mini-Review


This is the third and final post in my The Balm Haul series.  If you haven't read my first post of The Balm Cosmetics Kits at Marshalls or The Balm Face Products swatches and reviews, you should check them out.

This post includes swatches and review of Eye, Lip and Nail products from the Kits in my original post.

If you are interested in swatches and my opinions of these products, keep reading!

Left to right, here are swatches of the Overshadow mineral eyeshadow in No Money, No Honey and the Shady Lady shadow/liners in Caught in the Act Courtney and Shameless Shauna.
No Money, No Honey; Caught in the Act Courtney; Shameless Shauna



The Overshadow No Money, No Honey from "the sexpot series" is a mineral eyeshadow in shimmering gold.  I would say it's more vanilla in color than gold, but it's really pretty.  It reminds me a lot of the Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter, but it has more shimmer.  I have used it as a highlight once or twice, but it's a great brow-bone highlight.  You can also use it lightly over your eyeshadow, but usually I'm not looking to add even more shimmer to my shadows.  This retails for $15 for .57 grams of product.

No Money, No Honey

The next two items swatched above are the Shady Lady shadow/liner in Caught in the Act Courtney and Shameless Shauna.  These colors can be purchased individually online, or they are included in the Shady Lady Volume 1 palette.  Shameless Shauna is a beautiful coppery/golden color and Caught in the Act Courtney has some purple tones and lots of glitter.  I'm not a fan of Caught in the Act Courtney.  I had to swatch the color multiple times for the picture, and it's too difficult to build on your eyes.  Shameless Shauna is pretty and highly pigmented.  It goes on a lot easier than Caught in the Act Courtney.  Each shadow/liner retails for $16.
   
Caught in the Act Courtney
Shameless Shauna
The Balm Shelter tinted lip glosses with SPF 17 are very light, smooth glosses.  They aren't sticky at all, and they smell very sweet - like candy!  I will be honest, I didn't even bother to open Pin Up Girl (the red lip gloss) until I swatched it, because I thought it would be WAY too bright red for my taste (and complexion).  When I swatched it on my hand, I couldn't believe it was the same color.  It's very sheer and wearable.  My lips just look glossy.  The color isn't really all that noticeable.  I will definitely be wearing it now that I've tried it. 

I also like Valley Girl.  It's a natural gloss with a little shimmer.  I feel like it has an effect that's very similar to Pin Up Girl, except with light shimmer.  These glosses are nice but not exceptional.  They feel nice on my lips, but they aren't overly pigmented (contrary to how they look in the tubes).  These are $19 each.

Balm Shelter tinted lip gloss with SPF 17
Pin Up Girl; Valley Girl

I am absolutely loving the Hot Ticket nail polish in Better Off Red.  This stuff will stay on for over a week without chipping!  I have had it on my toes since I got it.  You only need one coat for an opaque finish.  I have been using it without a base or top coat, and it still takes a long time for it to start to chip.  It's been a long time since I have used a nail polish with such lasting power!  The Balm's nail polish is $10 each.


Last is the Cheater! mascara in black.  I haven't used it yet, but I will give an updated review once I try it.  As you can see, the packaging on all of The Balm products is adorable!   This retails for $18.

Have you tried any of these items?  What are your favorite products from The Balm?


No comments:

Post a Comment