Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

By this point, if you haven't heard of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, you have been living under a rock.  At around $8-9 each, these are an affordable, drugstore alternative to the popular Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster ($24) and Clinique's Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm ($16).

Revlon's website claims that these are "a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon."

I purchased three colors:  Charm, Adore and Honey.
 
Honey, Adore, Charm

They feel soft, smooth and lightweight on your lips.  They have a nice minty smell, but I don't really smell it once it's on my lips.  


Charm, Adore, Honey
I've read many complains that Charm doesn't show up on your lips.  I think it looks really nice on my lips.  It's a Creamsicle color that looks really nice after you apply it.  

Adore is one of the red red colors that I actually like on my lips.  I think it looks vibrant, but very wearable.  Honey is is a nice pink color, but it actually looks a little pinker on my lips than in these swatches.

My biggest complaint:  After the balm and some of the color wears off, I am left with a bright pink stain on my lips... even with Charm!  Maybe my lips have some kind of allergic reaction to these, but after Charm wears off, my lips are BRIGHT PINK!  I haven't heard anyone else complain about that, but I feel like I have to reapply a darker color to cover my unnaturally pink-stained lips. 

Overall, I enjoy these products right after I put them on.  I like the way they feel, but I don't like the pink stain that they leave hours later.

What do you think of these new Balm Stains?


No comments:

Post a Comment