Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Maybelline Limited Edition Color Tattoo 24 hr Eyeshadows

Let me start by saying how much I LOVE the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 hr Eyeshadows that I have in my collection.  I bought six colors when they first came out, and I use them daily as a base to intensify my eyeshadow.  Occasionally, I wear them alone as eyeshadow.  

I have been dying to get my hands on the new Maybelline Limited Edition Color Tattoo 24 hr Eyeshadows since the moment I heard about them.  All four of the new Limited Edition colors were appealing to me, so I couldn't wait to find them in the stores.    
I was thrilled to finally find three of the four colors at CVS today!  They did not have Barely Beige, but I will add swatches once I am able to find it.  (UPDATE: Click Here for swatches of Barely Beige)

In the meantime, here are the three colors that I purchased today.  I was able to find Mossy Green, Rich Mahogany, and Gold Shimmer.

Individually, these eyeshadows are $6.99 each at CVS.  Currently, CVS has a buy one, get one 50% off sale on Maybelline eyeshadows, including the Color Tattoos.  I also used a 20% beauty products coupon from the CVS Beauty Facebook page that worked in addition to the buy one, get one 50% off sale! 
I really like the packaging for these eyeshadows/bases.  They are solid, glass containers with a black plastic lid that screws on. 
Mossy Green, Rich Mahogany, Gold Shimmer
I think these colors are gorgeous, and I can't wait to wear them.  Mossy Green will be a beautiful fall color.  I haven't played around a lot with green eyeshadow, but I can't wait to use Mossy Green with an eyeliner that I have with a hint of green in it!  The other two colors go perfectly with my daily eye routine.

I'm really excited about Gold Shimmer, because Bold Gold (from the permanent Color Tattoo line) is way too gold for me.  Gold Shimmer has a bit more bronze to it, which makes it more wearable for me. 

I have read reviews that say the darker colors are more difficult to work with.  They say that they are streaky, and it's difficult to get an even application.  I have found that I can get a more even application with the warmth of my fingers than with a brush.

The other key to a flawless application is to slowly build up the color.  If you apply too much to your eyelid at first, they are much more difficult to blend out.  They seem to dry fairly quickly, and once they dry, they aren't going to budge.  I had to use my eye make-up remover to get the swatches off of my arm.  At night, I remove my make-up with Coconut Oil, and they come off very easily with the Coconut Oil.  I tend to tap the product on my eyelid, and then quickly blend it out. 
Gold Shimmer, Rich Mahogany, Mossy Green
Of course I have to include a comparison to a few of the other Color Tattoo eyeshadows that I own.  Starting at the top and continuing clockwise... Rich Mahogany, Pomegranate Punk, Bold Gold, Gold Shimmer, and Bad to the Bronze.  

Out of the colors I already own, Bad to the Bronze is obviously my most-loved Color Tattoo shadow.  I use it almost daily.  I have already purchased a back up. 

I've been trying to use Pomegranate Punk more.  It makes a great base for my brown eyeshadows.  I rarely use Bold Gold.

Pomegranate Punk, Rich Mahogany, Bad to the Bronze, Gold Shimmer, and Bold Gold
A few things to note...
  • Pomegranate Punk has more of a silver glitter, and Rich Mahogany has a reddish glitter.  I think all of the colors have some glittery shimmer to them, but I find it to be most noticeable in Pomegranate Punk and Rich Mahogany.  
  • Rich Mahogany is a darker brown version of Bad to the Bronze, but it also has more obvious shimmer than Bad to the Bronze.
  • Gold Shimmer has more bronze, while Bold Gold is a true gold. 
Eventually I will do a post with swatches of my full Color Tattoo collection.  I tend to shy away from the bright, vibrant colors, so my collection is full of the more neutral colors.  
Bottom Line:  The Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows are definitely one of my must-have products.  I use them daily, and I think these new colors are worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment